Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Singapore

Singapore
2 nights

Singapore was a very different experience form most other places that I had traveled in the sense that most of my travel was not focused on large city destinations. 


On my full day in Singapore I walked around, took a tram to various parts of the city and explored whatever I wandered upon.


Although I was amazed by the huge buildings and architecture, walking around in Singapore was not the most pleasant experience because of the extreme heat and intense sun. Luckily, I was almost always near a giant mall or building that I could walk through and would immediately cool down with refreshing AC.


I also made my way to a huge garden where which provided an amazing panoramic view of the gardens and the city.

On my second night in Singapore I decided I would go to the airport early to sleep there since my flight was very early the following morning and I didn't want to pay for another night at a hostel. I had put my surfboard in storage and as I was retrieving it and getting my bags organized when a guy came over and offered to help. I thought I was doing fine on my own but I think he was just being nice because my board was big and I had also unpacked half of my backpack to put in the board bag for extra padding to protect my surfboard. He worked there and ended up getting me a trolly for my bags and checking with Malaysia Airlines (the airline I was flying) to see when I could check in. Unfortunately, he said that if I had arrived an hour earlier I could have checked in with but now had to wait until the morning. Darn, I was so excited to see the airport and find a nice place to sleep that night but instead I was stuck in the checkin area sleeping on tile floor with florescent lighting. Needless to say, it was not the best night sleep I have ever had. The picture to the left shows where I slept that night and the trolly that made my life 100 times easier to get around.



When I finally checked in and explored the airport for a bit the next morning I discovered free internet, sleeping areas, entertainment rooms, gardens, koi ponds, movie theaters, a pool, and much more. Next time I fly through Singapore I will be sure to know the earliest time I can check in before arriving at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment