Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thanksgiving Momo's

On my last day in Nepal I celebrated thanksgiving with Jason another American, a South African guy and three people from a country in South America. We went to a small restaurant, ordered a ton of food including two plates of momo (one buff and one veggie). We even went around in a circle and said what we were thankful for. It was a very unique experience spent with great people that had just met and came together to share a meal and a holiday. Everyone was happy to learn and share in something that was important to us (the Americans). Every thanksgiving, I think about what I am thankful of and it is always the same, family, friends, health, etc. but this year there was someting about being away from everything that made me more thankful for it but at the same time glad i was getting to experience so any unique situations, meet kind individuals from all over and overall gain a greater view of the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment