Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dawg for Life

Today I took my last final at the University of Washington. However, I am not quite done. I have 5 more credits to complete and I am doing them abroad. I will be flying to Amman Jordan tomorrow morning and will be taking an engineering class focusing on the water cycle and challenges facing people living in an arid land in obtaining water.

Outside JHN next to ESS Bassalt Flow Column

I was able to participate in University of Washington's spring commencement ceremony on June 15th because I only needed to take summer classes and go abroad to finish up my last 15 credits. My parents flew into Seattle to come to my graduation during the week. On Saturday morning I we all walked to campus for my department graduation ceremony and celebration.


Picture with Robert Winglee Chair of ESS Department


After my department ceremony we walked around campus taking a few pictures of memorable places and then headed downtown to Century Link field for the large UW commencement. Once downtown I met up with some friends as we made our way into the staging area. 


Once downtown I met up with some friends as we made our way into the staging area. In the staging area everyone is organized within their respective colleges. Within the colleges there are different colored tassels. Luckily even though Marina and I were not in the same major or even the same college we had the same color tassel so she was able to join my group so we could sit next to each other. Overall, the ceremony was not that exciting; it was long and hot. Regardless, I am glad I was able to do it as a celebration with my friends and fellow classmates. 

After the ceremony and taking more pictures I had dinner with Alaina, Jeremy, Alaina's family, and my mom and dad in Bellevue. After a delicious and lavish meal we returned to Alaina's house for desserts. 

I then drove my parents to their respective hotels and met up with a some friends at the bars on the ave to continue the celebration! 

It was an extremely long day packed from start to finish but was fun to celebrate my accomplishments thus far with all of my amazing friends that I have made in my time in Seattle.




No comments:

Post a Comment