Saturday, August 24, 2013

Into the Unknown

I have packed my bags put my stuff in storage and waiting at seatac to board a plane to Jordan! I will be studying in Jordan for one month and then am embarking on what might be the biggest adventure of my life up till now.

My plan is to travel to Europe, India, Nepal, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines after I complete my program in Jordan. I currently have a ticket to Europe then India then Nepal. I still need to get my visa for India which I am going to try and do when I am in Jordan.

My anticipated plan for 40 days in Europe (subject to change upon arrival):
  
On October 31st I will fly out of Athens to Delhi, India with a layover in Moscow, Russia. My plans for India are still up in the air and my main priority is focused on getting a visa as soon as possible.
After India I will fly into Nepal on November 10th where I will start a 17 day trek to the Mt Everest Base Camp just in time for my 23rd birthday.

After Nepal I do not have any plane tickets booked yet, however, am looking into doing a 2 week surf camp in Lombok Indonesia. I am then thinking of staying in Indonesia for a full month then going to Malaysia and the Philippines. As I said earlier, the latter half of my trip is still up in the air and flexible to what I decide while I am abroad. Once I am traveling on my own (after Jordan) I will plan at least one country ahead. Whenever I enter a country I will have a plan on where I will go next and a ticket to simplify visa requirements as well as other entry and exit requirements.

Throughout my travels I expect to gain new perspectives of various cultures and the world. I hope to learn new things about myself that will be of benefit in other aspects of my life. I am excited and am so lucky to be able to do this and can only imagine what will actually come of this endeavor.


If you have any suggestions of must see places or things that I should do in any of these countries (or neighboring countries) feel free to leave a comment! Anything would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Laura! I had no idea you had all these exciting travel plans. This sounds like an amazing adventure. Are you traveling by yourself? If so, that is awesome and so brave. I will just live vicariously through your blog...from the comfort of my home :) Safe Travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is pretty exciting! I am so glad that I get this opportunity. After my time in Jordan I will be traveling solo! Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete