Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lake Serene Hike



On Sunday August 11th Cassie, Richard and I went on a hike to Lake Serene and Bridal Veil Falls in the Snoqualmie Forest in the Central Cascades of Washington.
It was a 7.2 mile roundtrip hike with a 2,000 foot elevation gain. It was out and back starting off with uphill on the way to the lake and downhill to finish it off.



When we got to the lake it was extremely foggy and we could barley see the lake, luckly, after hanging out for a while it cleared up and we got a great view of the entire lake and the surrounding mountains. Once it cleared it was time to brave the cold and jump into the alpine lake! With a little hesitation, because I was already freezing, I jumped in twice. In the end it was quite refreshing and I was glad I conquered the cold. 


           

No comments:

Post a Comment