Monday, November 4, 2013

Prost

Vienna, Austria 2 nights

My first priority when arriving in Vienna was doing my laundry since I has shuved it all into my dry bag to keep it separate from my clean things. I also wanted to write some postcards, maybe talk to some people, and have a relaxed night. After checking in I started my laundry and went to the lounge. When I entered the lounge there were three people but it was dead silent. Since no one was talking to anyone else I went to a table and started to write postcards. About 5 minutes into my postcard writing a girl named Jessica came in and was extremely enthusiastic about a beer festival that was going on at an amusement park near by. Immediately everyone began talking and we all decided to go. There were 6 of us that ended up going Jessica, Don, Jonas, Chris, Drew, and myself. We ended up at a bar with a bunch of locals, had a few beers and before we knew it everyone was singing German drinking music, pounding on tables, and jumping on benches. We joined immediately joined in. It was one of the most drinking atmospheres i have been a part of because everyone was so happy and excited about nothing and absolutely everything at the same time. It got pretty rowdy and we accidentally broke a bench. When we told the waitress and she told us it happens all the time so we went on with the night.  



After that bar we went to a couple others in the main part of the city, met more great people, and roamed around the city before heading home. 
I should also mention that I may use the term home throughout several of these posts and that will generally refer to wherever I am staying at the moment. Hostels that I stay at turn into my home for however long I stay at them. 

The next day, the 24th of September, we all met up for our free breakfast provided by the hostel, went sight seeing for the entire day, went on a giant swings at the amusement park which provided us with outstanding view of the city, and had a couple drinks at a bar. 



On my final morning we all met for breakfast once more before saying our goodbyes and going our own ways. My next destination was Ljubiana, Slovenia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment