Monday, November 4, 2013

Searching for the Dragon Bridge

Ljubljana, Slovenia 2 nights


Traveling to Ljubljana was more difficult than it should have been. I got my ticket without any problems but got off at the wrong stop. Who thought it would be a good idea to have two stations with the same name!? Okay, one had three letters at the end but I didn't know what they meant so I thought the first stop was mine even though it didn't have the three letters at the end. I quickly realized that I was not in the right place because there was NO ONE there....I was able to find someone working on the organization of the train lines in a office and he tried to help me the best he could and ended up telling me to take the next train to the next large station. I went back to the platform to wait for the train. After waiting for a while I begin to doubt I'm going to make it to Ljubiana or even be able to find a place to stay in whatever town I was currently in. All of a sudden the man working came across the tracks with a piece of paper he had printed with the train schedules to Ljubiana. There was one more train that day and I only had to make one transfer to a larger station. I would not have made it to Ljubiana if it were not for the kindness and helpfulness of this man. When I finally arrived at my hostel I talked to my dorm mates for a bit before going to bed. 

On my first full day there I...
Stumbled upon a festival

Did my first free walking tour

Saw the main sites 

 Hiyked up to a medieval castle to get an amazing view of the city


& Drank at a open air bar within a park outside a hostel that used to be a prison. 

The town was beautiful but small and quiet; one full day was enough for me so I got a bus ticket to Zagreb on the 27th. 


No comments:

Post a Comment